Field Crew Worker
Harmony Harvest is a commercial cut flower farm in Weyers Cave Virginia that ships flowers and floral design accessories to floral enthusiasts nationwide. The farm is also open to the public Tuesday - Saturday for both pick your own opportunities and other events. As a women-owned, family-operated business, our culture is driven by dedication, and supported by a genuine, team-focused dynamic.
Before applying for this position, we ask that you take a moment to understand our beliefs. Above all else, we believe in inclusion and equity for all regardless of race, religion, sexuality, or gender identity. We believe that all humans deserve respect, and strive to create a work environment where everyone feels valued. We thrive with individual perspective and positive understanding. The ideal candidate will embrace the diversity of their team members and our passion to share the boundless joy that only flowers can provide.
Harmony Harvest Farm is seeking a motivated individual to assist with farm production. Our field crew team is involved in various aspects of our operation including planting, harvesting, and general farm responsibilities. Successful candidates can work effectively both independently and in small teams. This is a year-round position - cold or hot, rain or shine - and reports to our senior grow-team.
While this position doesn't require growing experience - candidates must be enthusiastic about learning all aspects of cut flower production. Our hiring methodology relies heavily on individuals who fit best within our culture and share our passion and are willing to grow with us.
Ideal candidates will be able to learn and use small farm equipment, chemical and biological fertilizer and pest control, and be highly adaptable. Flexible hours to include some weekends - with notice.
General Job Duties
- Soil and bed prep and cleanup
- Planting and harvesting crops
- Daily weeding and watering
- Monitoring crop health, recording data, and reporting changes
- Prep cut flowers for cooler storage
- Routine cleaning of workspaces.
- General tool management and organization
- Punctual for early start times - varies by season
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs routinely and consistently
- Able to work in a physically demanding, outdoor environment
- Thrive in a time-sensitive task-oriented workflow.
- Quick to adapt to systems and technology.
- Smart phone required
- Embraces new learning opportunities - including tools and equipment.
- Able to clearly communicate with all levels of team members and management.
- Comfort with engaging with the general public
Interested applicants should email their resume and a cover letter, along with two references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Field Crew Worker.