In the wake of COVID, many flower farmers are forced to change the way they're getting flowers into the hands of their customers. But beyond the pandemic, investing in a shipping program can significantly benefit your business and its growth potential.
In this four-part Flower Shipping Course, we will give you a complete guide to launching a flower shipping program.
Here's a quick look at what you can expect:
- How to set up a sales model for shipping your flowers
- How to get the best rates and service with FedEx
- An advanced look at the tools that power HHFShop.com
- How to farm for shipping, including harvesting, processing, and planting tips
- A complete packing demonstration
- A full list of supplies and suppliers (yep - we tell you where to buy our boxes)
- How to communicate and set buying expectations with your customers
- The top three things we wish we'd known before shipping flowers
- ...and more!
Harmony Harvest Farm has been shipping flowers since 2016. Our intent with this course is to remove some of the obstacles that we've learned the hard way and provide a realistic expectation of how you can achieve success.
A few very important things about this course:
- Taking this course can instantly save you $3k in setup costs. This is the amount that we had to invest in the tooling for our boxes. By taking this course, we'll give you a complete list of our shipping supplies and suppliers so you can avoid these fees.
- We're breaking down exactly how we do things. That doesn't mean it's going to be the best way for you, however, the business logic can be adapted to your ideal approach.
- You'll need to have a few basic things in place in order to get the full value of the content. In taking this course, we assume you have:
- Established crops with volume
- An established local market
- A large (preferably walk-in) cooler
- Access to working capital
- Taking this course doesn't mean you'll succeed. That might sound bleak, but like every new business venture there's a lot that you'll need to do on your own to make your program successful. Every farm is unique. Every shipped product has a unique process. This course will save you a lot of headaches (and money), but you'll still have a pretty complex road ahead of you.
Don't get it twisted, we want you to succeed, which is why we've made this course very heavy on the meat and potatoes. This is not a frilly experience, this is down to the bone exposure of what you need to know if you want to ship flowers.
The purchase of this course includes:
- Four video-guided lessons including a packing demonstration
- A complete supplies list with sourcing and cost information
- Access to a private Facebook group
- Two live Q and A sessions with Jessica and Stephanie
How to access your course:
- Create an account before you purchase the course (you'll need to be logged in to access the content).
- Once you've purchased the course, you'll find a link on the confirmation page that says "Go To My Courses." You can also access your course from the "Courses" page linked under "Resources" in our main menu. You must be logged in to see your course.
- There is no time limit on any of the sections, so you start and stop the course at your leisure.
We feel like we should also mention the cost of this course. Yes, it's expensive. It's also a master class where we're giving you an unfiltered look into the exact processes and tools that run our shipping program. It's taken us four years to build a successful shipping program from the ground up, and the information we're providing is an all-access-pass to what we've learned along the way. This is our trade secret, and it doesn't come cheap.
At Harmony Harvest Farm, we are committed to delivering flowers with ultimate freshness, exactly when you need them. Flowers are harvested within hours of being packaged and are shipped FedEx Priority Overnight to arrive on your selected delivery date.
To prepare for shipping, each bunch is dressed with an enclosed water source and gently rolled in paper for extra protection. Flower deliveries do not require a signature, and should not be left outside, or unprocessed for extended periods of time. Please be sure to have someone available to receive the flowers or a climate controlled area where your delivery can be left. Once flowers are received, they should be removed from the box, placed in water, and kept in a cool place until it’s time to design.
FLOWER FROG SHIPPING
The flower frogs are shipped within 3-5 business days of when you place your order. We will notify you immediately if for any reason your product has gone out of stock or is still in production and might be delayed. Flower frogs are shipped via USPS.
Our merch is made-to-order. Due to you-know-what (we're tired of saying it), production times are longer than normal and are averaging 15 days, but could be as long as 18 days. We could switch vendors, but then we wouldn't be supporting US print shops and that's not really our style. This lead time is temporary and our printers are working hard to shorten them. After production, items will take 5-7 days to arrive to you.