Harmony Harvest is a commercial cut flower farm in Weyers Cave Virginia that ships flowers and floral design accessories to floral enthusiasts nationwide and operates an on-farm agritourism experience and retail store. As a woman-owned, family-operated business, our culture is driven by dedication, and supported by a genuine, team-focused dynamic.
Before applying for a position with us, we ask that you take a moment to understand our beliefs. Above all else, we believe in inclusion and equity for all regardless of race, religion, sexuality, or gender identity. We believe that all humans deserve respect, and strive to create a work environment where everyone feels valued. We thrive with individual perspectives and positive understanding. The ideal candidate will embrace the diversity of their team members and our passion to share the boundless joy that only flowers can provide.
Harmony Harvest Farm is seeking a Marketing Coordinator to support our growing e-commerce brand and local agritourism experience. This position relies strongly on the ability to write personable and grammatically correct marketing copy and manage a weekly schedule of marketing activities. The Marketing Coordinator will work directly with the Marketing Director to execute local and national marketing campaigns as well as coordinate on and off-site events.
The right candidate for this job will have a positive and friendly attitude, thrive in a highly creative and fast-changing environment, have a willingness to learn, and align with our beliefs of complete inclusivity.
This is an entry-level position that is perfect for someone looking to enter the marketing and communications industry. While not required, professional experience in the following platforms/programs is preferred:
- Facebook Business Manager/Creator Studio
- Lightroom or Photoshop
- Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Forms
- iMovie, VideoLeap, or other video editing apps
General Job Duties
- Assist with the development of weekly email marketing campaigns
- Assist with the development of daily social media content, post scheduling, and social network monitoring
- Assist with the development and organization of digital assets (photos, videos, promotional graphics, etc...)
- Develop and/or proofread copy for product pages and collateral, press releases, and blog posts
- Assist with the marketing, coordination, and execution of on-site events
- Perform basic website updates (publishing products, uploading graphics, etc..)
- Collaborate with team members across all jobs at the farm to develop and manage content accurately, and on schedule.
- Assist with the management of third-party marketing vendors
- Assit as needed in the on-farm retail store.
The Real Real
This job is unique and there are a few things you should know when applying for this position.
- We are a small business which means we move fast and try to be as resourceful as possible. Flexibility is key.
- This Marketing Coordinator will have a mixed schedule of working at the farm, and working at a private residence in Crimora, VA. At both locations, there are big (yet friendly) dogs.
- The Director of Marketing is also co-owner of two companies. This means she is pulled in many directions and relies heavily on the Marketing Coordinator to execute pre-planned campaign tasks.
- Training is really important to us becuase we want everyone on our team to be setup for success. That said, we are constantly trying new things so there will be many instances where we are learning together. The Marketing Coordinator must have strong critical thinking skills and have the ability to assist in the research and make execution recommendations of new marketing approaches.
- Once the Coordinator has their legs about them, they will be expected to self manage daily, weekly, and monthly marketing tasks. Self management is critical to this role.
- Some weekends will be required, however your weekly schedule will be adjusted to keep a healthy work-life balance in tact.
- Associates Degree in Marketing or Communications, or related work experience.
- Impeccable writing and communication skills
- Friendly, service-oriented personality
- Ability to multi-task and work in a flexible work environment
- Extremely organized with the ability to self-manage.
- Must love dogs
- This position starts at $14.00 per hour.
- Benefits include accrued paid time off, paid holidays, eduction, employee events, and employee discounts.
Interested applicants should email us a resume or relevant work experience, along with two references with the subject Marketing Coordinator. CLICK HERE TO APPLY.